Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games around. The rules of blackjack are easy and they can be learned quickly. Take your time to study the explanation provided on this page well.
How to play Blackjack
- Already know the rules of Blackjack? –> Find the best Online Casino to play Live Blackjack.
- Looking for new strategies? –> Take a look at the best Blackjack Strategies.
Beat the bank and WIN!
You always play the game against the bank. If the bank wins, you loose. And the other way around. The bank starts the game with the player on its left and deals two cards to each player, including itself. The first card it deals to itself is laid ‘open’ on the table card. As such, the value of the bank’s first card is known by everyone.
The aim of the game is to create a better hand than the bank’s. Create a hand with a value that is as close to 21 as possible, without exceeding 21. If your hand exceeds 21 you’ll lose. Have you got a better hand than the bank? Then you win the amount you’ve bet. Have you got blackjack, meaning two cards that add up to 21? Then you will win 1.5 times your bet!
Blackjack card values explained
The value of the cards are divided in three categories:
|10 / king / queen / jack||10|
|Ace||11 or 1|
The above table shows that cards 2 to 9 represent the equal number of points, meaning; card “4” has a value of 4 points and card “7” has a value of 7 points. But the 10, Kind, Queen and Jack all have a value of 10 points. And the Ace will be explained below.
The flexible ace
The rules of blackjack give the ace a flexible value. It can be worth either 11 or 1. Normally, the ace will have a value of 11. The value of the ace changes when the player asks for an extra card that gives him a total value over 21. This would mean losing, and therefore the value of the ace changes to 1.
- When the player has a hand with a value of 17 and receives an ace, the value of the ace will be 1. The total value of the hand will then be 18.
- When the player has been dealt a 4 and a 6 and then receives an ace, the ace will have a value of 11.
Options when cards have been dealt
When the cards have been dealt, and when you do not have blackjack, you will have the following options:
|You’re content with your cards and you do not wish to receive any more cards.|
You can ask for an extra card to increase the value of your hand.
When you have received two cards with the same value, you have the option to split these into two playable hands. Careful: Your bet doubles as well.
You double your bet and receive one more card. After this, you cannot receive any more cards.
5 Most Important Basic Rules
- A tie is called a ‘push’. This means nobody wins.
- The bank must always stand when the value of its hand is 17.
- The bank can never stand when the value of its hand is less than 16.
- When both bank and player have blackjack there is a tie, or ‘push’.
- The hand with the highest value wins.
Protect yourself with blackjack insurance
Insurance protects the player when the bank has blackjack. The player can buy insurance when the bank deals itself an ace as its first card. This insurance will cost the player half of his original bet. If the bank gets blackjack with its second card, it will pay the player double the amount of the insurance.
In short, Live Blackjack makes the game of Blackjack a little more exciting and challenging. Don’t delay, discover Live Blackjack now!